Referee Pay Rate Schedule
Referees at IFCSC meets can expect morning coffee and a lunch (provided by the host school, but paid for by the Conference).
AskFRED is the official source for verifying referee ratings.
- Referees with ratings of N1 – $180 per service day
- Referees with ratings N2 – $165 per service day
- Referees with ratings R1 – $150 per service day
- Referees with ratings R2 – $135 per service day
- Referees with ratings L1 – $120 per service day
- Referees with ratings L2 – $105 per service day
- Passed written exam – $90 per service day
- Unrated referees – $75 per service day
- Additional compensation may be available for those really, really long days.
Additional Travel Reimbursement (proposed for 2023):
- Close distance (>50 mi RT) – $15
e.g. 20-30 min drive through LA.
- Middle distance (>100 mi RT) – $25
e.g. Pasadena to Irvine.
- Long distance (>200 mi RT) – $45
e.g. LA or OC to San Diego or Santa Barbara, and vice versa.
- Talk to us about being observed for improved ratings at IFCSC meets
updated: 28 Jan 2023